Here are a few ways travelers can take a bite:
- Forage for wild edibles and healing plants in the rugged Kananaskis Country with Full Circle Adventures.
- Uncover the burgeoning culinary scenes in Canmore and Edmonton, new tour destinations offered by Alberta Food Tours, in addition to its Calgary tours.
- Experience truly sustainable dining at the recently renovated Deane House in Calgary, a historic site now brought to you by the proprietors of Calgary’s famed River Cafe.
- Mosey down the Cowboy Trail and clink glasses at Eau Claire Distillery. Alberta’s first independent craft distillery recently won the 2016 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, considered the most influential spirits competition in the world.
- Break out the baking pans at Edmonton’s Duchess Bake Shop. The famed Parisian-style patisserie has recently expanded with a new teaching school, provisions shop and French-Scandinavian influenced brunch spot Cafe Linnea.